You've finished a story! Congratulations!
Whether it's your first story or your tenth book, it's worth celebrating.
But now it's time to edit! Time to polish up that story so that your ideal readers enjoy it as much as you do.
And suddenly, you're in a minefield of opinions, decisions, and yes, even price points to navigate. Basically, everyone wants to boss you around.
How can you be sure you're editing your unique story for your unique goals, purposes, and readership?
Take this course.
(Yes, I just got a bit bossy there myself, but for a fantastic reason--this course will help you that much.)
If the thought of editing makes you want to hide your manuscript…
If you’ve been procrastinating on looking back at your story because you know it needs some tweaking…
Enroll in this course.
If you want to make the most of your editing--and even tackle some marketing so you save time...
If you want to save money by figuring out crucial storytelling aspects on your own and even gain some skills for your freelance editing...
This course is for you!
What You Get
- A self-paced, thoroughly-tested course that you can complete on your own schedule
- Short, quick videos that break everything into bite-sized chunks
- Guidance through techniques and tricks from over a decade of experience that will make your editing smoother and easier
- Clarity on how to use your story to market itself--saving you time AND helping you start building a tribe of readership
- Catching story and plot issues before going to an editor or critique readers
- PLUS a bonus module on with finding and working with alpha, beta, specialist, and ARC readers so you can start building buzz with your book while it's still being edited!
Modules include protagonist/antagonist interaction, tightening up a sagging middle, managing the balance of pacing and tension, hitting key plot points to keep your story moving, nailing essential description, and customizing story beats to your genre.
Ready to tackle that manuscript and make it completely awesome?
"Really connected the dots for me in a way I hadn't considered for editing--from the big picture point of view, strategy, and process. I'm excited to work on my manuscript!"
- Denise M. Colby, Marketing/SEO Consultant for Authors and Freelancer
"Janeen made the self-editing process very clear and approachable. She helped me to find focus and direction in my writing process."
- Chelsea Beason, Author/Blogger
Get started now!
Janeen Ippolito believes you should own your unique words. After all, if you won’t, who will? She’s a multi-published author of bestselling fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. She’s also an experienced editor and marketing strategist, plus the head of Uncommon Universes Press, a publishing company with award-winning books. She’s also the host of Own Your Unique Words, a fiction business and marketing podcast, and speaks regularly at conferences on writing craft, marketing strategies, and reaching your personal success (while enjoying the journey). In her spare time, she helps her missionary husband with his youth swordfighting ministry, indulges her foodie ambitions, reads whatever books she feels like, and explores a slew of random hobbies. Her life goals include traveling to Antarctica and riding a camel while wearing a party hat. This extrovert loves to connect, so connected with her on social media or at janeenippolito.com
"I feel equipped now to polish my own work and go into the editing process knowing the value of my story. Recommended for anyone who wants to gain editing skills and have confidence in their work."
- K. Michelle Moseley, Freelance Editor and Writing Coach