Self-Editing For Success
DIY Developmental Editing for Creative Clarity and Marketing with Ease
You've finished a story! Congratulations!
Whether it's your first story or your tenth book, it's worth celebrating--and polishing up so that your ideal readers enjoy the story just as much as you do.
But now it's time to edit! And suddenly, you're in a minefield of opinions, decisions, and yes, even price points to navigate. Basically, everyone wants to boss you around.
How can you be sure you're editing your unique story for your unique goals and purposes?
Take this course.
(Yes, I just got a bit bossy there myself, but for a fantastic reason--this course will help you that much.)
If the thought of editing makes you want to hide your manuscript…
If you’ve been procrastinating on looking back at your story because you know it needs some tweaking…
Enroll in this course.
If you want to make the most of your editing--and even tackle some pre-marketing so you save time...
If you want to save money by figuring out crucial storytelling aspects on your own and even gain some skills for your freelance editing...
This course is for you!
What You Get
- A self-paced, thoroughly-tested course that you can complete on your own schedule
- Short, quick videos that break everything into bite-sized chunks
- Guidance through techniques and tricks from over a decade of experience that will make your editing smoother and easier
- Clarity on how to use your story to market itself--saving you time AND helping you start building a tribe of readership
- Catching story and plot issues before going to an editor or critique readers
- PLUS a bonus module on with finding and working with alpha, beta, specialist, and ARC readers so you can start building buzz with your book while it's still being edited!
Modules include protagonist/antagonist interaction, tightening up a sagging middle, managing the balance of pacing and tension, hitting key plot points to keep your story moving, nailing essential description, and customizing story beats to your genre.
Ready to tackle that manuscript and make it completely awesome?
"Really connected the dots for me in a way I hadn't considered for editing--from the big picture point of view, strategy, and process. I'm excited to work on my manuscript!"
- Denise M. Colby, Marketing/SEO Consultant for Authors and Freelancer
"Janeen made the self-editing process very clear and approachable. She helped me to find focus and direction in my writing process."
- Chelsea Beason, Author/Blogger
Get started now!
Janeen Ippolito is your No-Stress Writing and Marketing Strategist! As a bestselling author of fiction and nonfiction, an experienced author coach and editor, and a publishing house president, she's developed a multitude of time-saving strategies and systems so she can do all the things without burning out. Now she's coupling those epic systems with her 8+ years of teaching experience to make sure authors like you achieve your goals and creatively thrive!
"I feel equipped now to polish my own work and go into the editing process knowing the value of my story. Recommended for anyone who wants to gain editing skills and have confidence in their work."
- K. Michelle Moseley, Freelance Editor and Writing Coach