Self-Editing For Success
DIY Developmental Editing for Creative Clarity and Marketing with Ease
You've written a story! Congratulations! Whether it's your first story or your tenth book, it's worth celebrating--and polishing up so that your ideal readers enjoy the story just as much as you do.
But now it's time...to edit, and a minefield of opinions, decisions, and yes, price points to navigate. How can you be sure you're editing your unique story for your unique goals and purposes?
You can if you take this course.
If the thought of editing makes you want to hide your manuscript…
If you’ve been procrastinating on looking back at your story because you know it needs some tweaking…
This course is for you.
If you’re ready to get your story ready to see the light of day…
If you’re ready to dive into the work of learning principles for how to edit and then applying those to your story…
This course is for you!
What you can expect:
- A self-paced course that you can complete on your own schedule
- Short videos that break everything into bite-sized chunks
- Guidance through techniques that will make your editing smoother
- Understanding exactly how to use your story to market itself
- Catching story and plot issues before going to an editor
- PLUS a bonus module on with finding and working with alpha, beta, specialist, and ARC readers and building buzz with your book while it's still being edited!
It is valuable to save up for the right professional editor, but saving takes time, and this will get you on the road--and even make communicating with any editor easier for both of you.
Modules include dealing with protagonist/antagonist interaction, getting rid of a sagging middle, managing the balance pacing, hitting key plot points to keep your story moving, and customizing story beats to your genre.
Ready to invest growing your skills in self-editing your stories?
Janeen Ippolito is your friendly No-Stress Book Strategist! As a bestselling author, experienced author coach and editor, and publishing house president, she's developed a multitude of time-saving strategies and systems so she can do all the things without dying. Now she's coupling those epic systems with her 8+ years of teaching experience to make sure authors like you achieve your goals and creatively thrive!